Advantage PPO 5000
If you use an in-network doctor or other health care provider, this plan will pay some or all of the costs of covered servicesAdvantage PPO 5000 is a preferred provider organization (PPO) health insurance plan offered by Tufts Health Plan. PPOs give you more flexibility than health maintenance organizations (HMOs), as you can see any doctor you want, but you may have to pay more if you go outside of the network. The Advantage PPO 5000 plan has a $5,000 individual deductible and a $10,000 family deductible. This means that you will have to pay the first $5,000 of your medical expenses out of pocket before the insurance company will start to cover them. Once you have met your deductible, the insurance company will pay 80% of the remaining costs, and you will be responsible for the remaining 20%.
The Advantage PPO 5000 plan includes a wide range of benefits, including:
- Preventive care: This includes services like annual physical exams, immunizations, and cancer screenings.
- Doctor visits: You can see any doctor in the network for a copay.
- Hospital care: The insurance company will cover the cost of in-network hospital care.
- Prescription drugs: The insurance company will cover the cost of prescription drugs, subject to a deductible and copayment.
The Advantage PPO 5000 plan is a good option for people who want more flexibility than an HMO, but who are willing to pay a higher deductible. The plan includes a wide range of benefits and is accepted by a large network of doctors and hospitals.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Advantage PPO 5000 plan:
- More flexibility than an HMO
- Wide range of benefits
- Accepted by a large network of doctors and hospitals
- Higher deductible than an HMO
- You may have to pay more for out-of-network care
If you are considering the Advantage PPO 5000 plan, it is important to compare it to other plans to find the best option for you. You should also talk to your doctor to make sure that the plan covers the services you need.