Quick Guide To The 2024 Open Enrollment Period
- When is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment for 2024 health insurance coverage will begin on November 1, 2023, and end on January 15, 2024.
- Who can enroll during Open Enrollment? Anyone who does not have health insurance through their employer or other qualifying source can enroll during Open Enrollment. This includes people who are currently uninsured, people who are self-employed, and people who are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
- What plans are available during Open Enrollment? During Open Enrollment, you will be able to shop for health insurance plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace (also known as ACA exchanges). You will be able to compare plans from different insurers and choose the plan that best meets your needs and budget.
- How do I enroll in health insurance during Open Enrollment? You can enroll in health insurance during Open Enrollment by visiting the Health Insurance Marketplace website or by calling 1-800-318-2596. You will need to provide some basic information about yourself and your household, and you will be able to choose from a variety of health insurance plans.
- What if I miss Open Enrollment? If you miss Open Enrollment, you may still be able to enroll in health insurance if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). SEPs are available for a variety of reasons, such as losing your job, moving, getting married, or having a baby. You can find more information about SEPs on the Health Insurance Marketplace website.