What Does Medicare Plan N Cover?
Medicare Plan N is a Medicare Supplement plan that helps to pay for out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare Part A and Part B, such as deductibles, copays, and coinsurance.
Specifically, Medicare Plan N covers the following:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospital stays (up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits end)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for all medically necessary doctor visits and other Part B-covered services (except for the first $20 for each doctor visit and $50 for each emergency room visit)
- Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges (balance billing)
- Blood transfusions (first 3 pints)
- Hospice care coinsurance
Medicare Plan N does not cover the following:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B premiums
- Prescription drug coverage
- Medigap premiums
- Other out-of-pocket costs, such as long-term care and private duty nursing
Medicare Plan N is a popular Medigap plan because it offers comprehensive coverage at a relatively affordable price. It is a good option for people who want to minimize their out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare.
If you are considering Medicare Plan N, you should compare it to other Medigap plans to find the one that best meets your needs and budget. You can use the Medicare Plan Finder tool on the Medicare website to compare Medigap plans in your area.